Getting children outside after school, no matter the weather!
Our after school program offers nature connection outdoors on and around the greenbelt and urban connection downtown Revelstoke, offered in all seasons! The curriculum is based on experiential learning, that lets children learn about the environment around them, the natural world, and themselves. Our staff are passionate mentors, that will pick your child up after school and bring them to our program location, provide snacks, ignite their curiosity and play outdoors with them.
$25 a day includes:
- Transportation of your child from school to our venues
- A nutritious snack and beverage
- Outdoor education based learning
- 1: 6 ratio facilitator to student
- Age appropriate learning
- A child care licensed, reliable after school program
Drop off and Pick up
No drop-off needed as Revelstoke After School Society Staff will be responsible for the pick up of children at a consistent designated meeting spot.
Parents are responsible for picking up their children and marking a sign-out sheet upon pick up. As our program is never at one set location, it is the responsibility of the parent to text the program phone to see where pick up is.
Please note that the program will be running Monday to Friday, for a duration of 44 weeks in total. Following the School District #19 school calendar, it will not run on statutory holidays or school closure days, such as winter break, spring break, summer break or Pro-D Days. We do however pick up on early dismissal days.
- 2:15pm – A staff member will arrive at each school to greet and gather students
- 2:30pm – School is dismissed, and students walk to the designated pick up spot
- 2:45pm – All participating students are given a snack, and wait for shuttle pick up
- 3:15pm – All participants should be at our facility
- 3:30pm – Begin programming
- Kindergarten – Grade 2 Students Combined Group
- Grade 3 to 5 Students Combined Group
- 4-5:30pm – Parents can pick up their child/children at the designated pick up spot
- 6:00pm – Staff leave after clean up
We do our very best to provide a positive environment for all our participants. All children are included in our programming regardless of their needs and abilities. We will do everything we can to support your child’s needs but it is dependant on available resources. When children require specialized care, we will work alongside parents to create an inclusive care plan to support their needs as required under the Child Care Licensing Act. If further assistance is required from a support worker, we will work alongside the family to ensure appropriate care is provided. We will also collaborate with ‘Community Connections Revelstoke’ regarding their ability to provide specialized support personnel.